Sunday, 10 April 2011

Making good use of things

I have this beautiful, large oval dish, which a friend of mine gave me when she was having a clear out. At first I used it, then gradually it got buried under piles of things in the kitchen and ended up with the vegetable basket on top of it, while it contained numerous bag twists, a bit of ginger root, a couple of pens, scraps of paper with ingredients on and some general grot.

So yesterday, I rescued it from under the vegetable basket, cleared out the other bits and gave it a wash - isn't it shameful that this was hidden under all that junk (no before photo)!?

Then I loaded it with our fresh fruit, which was lurking on the worktop (some of it still in bags) taking up valuable space.

Et voila! The bowl is in use without being completely hidden, and the fruit is somewhere visible and accessible so it is more likely to be eaten. In fact, the grapes, a banana and a couple of pears have already gone.

3 comments:

  1. I find I am much more likely to eat the fruit when it's on display. Weird, but true.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a lovely plate, it should definitely be used!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I do like pottery - lovely glaze on it....

    ReplyDelete