- I had some strawberries that needed eating/using up
- Using cream would have involved going to the shops
- I remembered reading somewhere that bananas mushed and frozen make a good ice cream substitute.
I liquidized the strawberries (I think about 300-350 g) and two bananas (the liquidized fruit came to just over a pint), added a teaspoon of vanilla essence and just over a tablespoon of yoghurt, stirred it well and then put it in the ice cream maker for it to do its thing. It could probably be made just as well without the yoghurt if you want a dairy-free version, or don't have yoghurt to hand. I just added it at the last minute because I remembered there was only a little bit left in the tub after breakfast, so I thought it might as well be used up..
And here's the result. Before it went in the freezer, I spooned it into individual tubs for portion-control purposes. I think I'll call it strawberry smoothie ice cream.
My husband had the 'scrapings' from the ice cream maker and declared it tasted good - just don't tell him it's not real ice-cream or how healthy it is!

Oh, that looks yummy! Don't forget to come to quilt group next time x
ReplyDelete