Sunday, 2 October 2011

Food, glorious food

I have got through Day 2 of October Unprocessed unscathed! Banana for late breakfast, bread with cheese & roasted red pepper chutney for lunch and roasted stuffed peppers for dinner. But today is still the weekend. The test will be if I can manage it when I'm working all week. Lunch for tomorrow is already sorted, as husband decided against the stuffed peppers for dinner, so I shall take his rejects - is it wrong to be looking forward to my lunch tomorrow already?

I had a go at making dried apple rings today. Not entirely a success, but the results are edible and I shall give it another go while there is a surplus of apples and see if I can improve on today's effort. I shall take some to work with me a snack. I'm also going to fill a tub with nuts & raisins etc. to take with me. On Friday, I warned the colleague who sits opposite me that there will no longer be a bag of minstrels on my desk for those emergency chocolate moments! Then I just need to make sure I have an unprocessed meal when I get home in the evening, which will probably be the most challenging time of the day.

Other than thinking about food, today has mostly been about knitting hexagons. Still no camera software on my computer (I was told why, but didn't really pay attention to the explanation), so no hexagon photos yet. The current hexagon is being knitted from pink sparkly yarn. I like sparkly things.

1 comment:

  1. I'm so impressed that you're doing October Unprocessed - I would love to try but I know I'd last about 10 minutes. I can't wait to hear all about it!

    ReplyDelete