I have started thinking about next year. I think this is probably because the other day we made a diary booking for January - to have our bathroom ripped out and redone - so next year seems a lot closer. And October is nearly over which mean the end of the year will be here very soon - and Christmas even sooner - yay!
I had plans to learn/try various different crafts this year, but have not got very far with them - although I did at least get my sewing machine out and now know how to thread it and sew two pieces of fabric together.
So I'm open to suggestions - what craft do you love and suggest I try to learn/develop my abilities in next year?
This year was also the year I was going to get the house sorted, cleaned, decluttered and organised - the less said about progress with that the better!
Well you've got further than me because sewing is next on my list of things to learn! I do love crochet, I find it so much easier than knitting. And scrapbooking will always have a special place in my crafty life :) Thanks for the birthday wishes, by the way!
ReplyDeleteI am loving patchwork and quilting at the moment :)
ReplyDeleteYou're welcome, Kate. I have never been particularly attracted by scrapbooking, although I've seen some fab ones, it's not something I've felt I want to do myself. Crochet is definitely on my list to learn.
ReplyDeleteArky, your patchwork and quilting are fab - I love your autumn desigh.
Crochet so you can do afghan squares/ hexagons
ReplyDeleteUse the sewing machine to piece a quilt. All you have to be able to do is sew straight lines, and it's so much faster than doing it by hand...
Both very good ideas :)
ReplyDelete