- Read a new author, or just a book I’ve been meaning to for years
- Try a new ingredient/food/recipe
- Explore a new place
- Something knittingly new
My new author for June was Kerry Greenwood. I watched and enjoyed the Miss Fisher Murder Mysteries on TV, and then a friend made me aware when three of the books were available on the kindle daily deal (I have several friends who do things like that, they are super!). I had a couple of days off work with a rotten cold last month and entertained myself nicely with the first three books in the series.
My new ingredient was artificial sweetener. Not very exciting, but I had a go at adapting a couple of recipes I’ve used regularly in the past to use sweetener instead of sugar. I didn’t eat the results myself but I’m told they were good (they certainly disappeared quickly).
My new place had the potential to be very interesting and exciting as I was summoned for jury service and visited the Oxford Crown Court for the first time. Sadly, I didn’t even get a sniff at a courtroom as there were not enough trials going on for me to be needed on a jury.
In knittinglyness, I had another go at concentrating on one project at a time and was more successful this time, actually finishing off a few projects. One is a warm jumper so will have to wait a while to be worn!
No comments:
Post a Comment