... for my husband at least, as I have laryngitis (again!) and am under orders to try to use my voice as little as possible, so he gets a respite from being nagged ;)
"Peace and quiet" makes me think of Silent Night. Is it too soon for Christmas music? After all, now that the clocks have changed and the nights are dark, it feels like Christmas is almost upon us.
I can understand why Christmas and Yule had the time of year they have picked for them. There is definitely a need for something to look forward to when it's getting darker and colder. Is there some kind of equivalent in the Southern Hemisphere at our midsummer?
It's not quite all dark yet, though. In the mornings when I'm driving to work I go between hedges that are currently glorious colours - and no two bushes are quite the same. They glow like gold in the sunshine or on a day like today when it's damp, the rain brings out their colours, making them bright and glorious. Orange is possibly my least favourite colour, but the autumn leaves may just make me change my mind.
You can see why!
I would now go off and wander round the house humming Christmas carols if only I had a voice!



Beautiful autumn pictures! Our colors are pretty much gone, since it's snowed twice - heavy and wet, so leaves just fell from the trees. Christmas music in on my mind, too. :)
ReplyDeleteWe have this, hmmm... how to say this nicely, rather drab looking house on our block. It has terra cotta colored siding with burgundy accents. There's no yard just orange bricks in the front with a single tree. But once a year, for 2-3 weeks, that single tree turns this amazing color and matches every red/orange color of that house. It is truly stunning!
ReplyDeleteHope you feel better soon, Liz!
Gorgeous pics! Love the colours.
ReplyDeleteLovely photos - hope you feel better soon! Take some time off and sew!! x
ReplyDelete